Timex bought Durowe-Laco at the end of 1958 after first trying to buy Bulova, Junghens, and Gruen. Laco had a prototype electric that was not close to production at that time. It was not until 3 years later that the first Timex electrics were sold. Due to several problems, Timex sold Laco to ESA in 1965 but retained ownership of all the machinery and personnel and moved them to another location.
The Laco Electric shown below is an early one, since the balance cock is still engraved with the word “LACO” rather than the more common “TIMEX”. Compare this Laco branded movement with the Model 67 from Timex….it is the same.