Rotary Watches Ltd. was established at La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland by Moise Dreyfuss in 1895. Within several years of establishment family members Georges and Sylvain Dreyfuss began importing Rotary watches to Britain. Rotary later became the official watch supplier for the British Army. The well known “winged wheel” Rotary logo was introduced in 1925 and has since then undergone minor changes in appearance. Going from strength to strength, Rotary is now an international company that sells its watches in more than 35 countries. Presently Robert Dreyfuss – the great grandchild of Moise Dreyfuss – is chairman of Rotary Watches Ltd
This Rotary, from about 1961, houses the first Swiss electric movement, the Landeron 4750. The texture dial on this watch is particular striking and is identical to the dial on the Everite, which also contains the same movement.
Most Landeron 4750 movements have the watch maker’s name engraved on the balance plate, but this one is a little boring only being marked “13 jewels swiss” — one more than the Everite’s 12 jewel movement!
This Rotary, from the late 1960, houses the first transitorized balance movement, the ESA 9150.